Elks Visit Children’s Hospital!
Seattle Children’s Hospital
February 23 2019
3:00pm – 4:30pm
Did You Know?
The partnership between Seattle Children’s Hospital and the WA State Elks Association began in 1926 and still continues today.
As the hospital looked for a new home in 1928 from its original “Fresh Air House” on Queen Anne, the WA State Elks Association offered assistance from their major state project to help establish a new facility.
In 1929 the Elks, along with other community organizations, helped finance a new property and the first 10 patients occupied this facility in October of 1930.
Named: “The Children’s Convalescent Home – Presented by the Washington State Elks Association”, this dedicated property now operated a real hospital with capacity for 150 patients and was home to more than 18 children.
Through the years, the WA State Elks have contributed more than $1 million to Seattle Children’s Hospital
WSEA is listed as a Hero for Hope, included in the Rock Wall at the main campus (giving level of $1 million)
Complimentary parking is available in the River Lot 1 or 2. If those two lots are full, please park in our Ocean Parking at the top of the hill and proceed to any entry greeter desk. At the greeter desk you will be asked for identification to obtain a visitor badge. The greeter will direct you to the Anna Clise Board Room. Please allow time for parking and visitor badging process, plus walking time.
From I-5, North or South:
– Take I-5 to exit #169/NE 45th Street
– Head east at the stoplight onto NE 45th Street
– After Passing the University of Washington, at the bottom of the hill, turn left at the stoplight and continue on NE 45th Street. NE 45th Street becomes Sand Point Way NE.
– Follow Sand Point Way to the light at Seattle Children’s and turn right onto Penny Drive.
From the Eastside:
– Take 520 West over the bridge
– Take the Montlake Exit (north) for 1.1 miles staying in the right-hand lane.
– Bear right onto 45th Street. NE 45th Street becomes Sand Point Way NE.
– Follow Sand Point Way to the stoplight at Seattle Children’s and turn right onto Penny Drive.
Children’s Hospital provides free parking for visitors, patients and families. Most lots are open 24 hours a day. They are monitored by closed-circuit television.
For navigation devices our address is:
4800 Sand Point Way NE,
Seattle, WA 98105